NOVAYA OPERA Moscow Hermitage Garden
Founded in 1892, the Hermitage Garden at the heart of Moscow, with its open air Theatre which was welcomed from the Moscow public as well as from the famous singers performing at this Theatre. In 1910, it was reconstructed in its shape and name as “Mirror Theatre”
After eight decades, an old and out-of-function building in the Hermitage garden was handed to a famous conductor and artistic director Evgeny Kolobov for reconstruction into a new future Opera.
The works started in 1996 and in 1998 the Opera opened its new season.
The ceremonial concert and opening ceremony took place in December 2007 as part of the celebration marking the Anniversary of 850 years of Moscow.
Svetlost Teatar designed and executed the entire Theatre’s Technology Systems:
Stage engineering, upper Machinery, under Machinery, Control system, Stage Lighting, Audio and Video System.
The Opera was equipped with top-quality professional Sound and Video Studios.
Custom-made main theatre curtain and chandeliers, designed by the Russian Artist Eduard Kochegin, were manufactured and delivered by Svetlost Teatar.
Complete technology systems meet any complex performance requests, including superb acoustics.
The acoustic model of the Opera House was created and manufactured by the Company Svetlost Teatar, it was tested in Belgrade in the presence of the Chief Architect Vladimir Kotelnikov and Professor Wolfgang Anhert, an acoustics consultant.